June 20, 2012

just do it!

Today I'm starting a little adventure.  I want to see what happens when I draw something every day for a whole year.  It doesn't matter what the subject is, or even what the result looks like.  It doesn't matter what media I use.  The only thing that matters is that I draw.  Something.  Anything.  Every day.  Do I have the discipline?  Will I be consistent?  I honestly don't know.  I'd like to think so ... after all, I've applied myself to school and work so intensely.  But will I do it for something that is fun and relaxing?  Will I be self-disciplined enough to do this?  That's the big question.
I want to get better at drawing.  I want to get good.  I want to inspire myself and maintain the motivation and excitement even through those days when I simply don't feel like drawing.  I want to just do it. 
I have high hopes, but mostly, I am so curious to see how much progress I can make in a year. 
Here's to June 20, 2013 ... wow, that's a long time!
ct

No comments:

Post a Comment