January 24, 2013

219





Playing with shapes today and getting inspired by one of my Lotta Jansdotter favorite books, 'Lotta Prints'. I love the clean, sharp and fresh feel of her graphics!

I'm designing window treatments for two of my windows and a fabric curtain for my closet, and I narrowed it down to this small collection of potential prints for my design.

1. I like the sprinkled abstract leaves floating in vertical strands. Perhaps in a fresh spring green.

2. I've been doodling pebble shapes forever, and this idea would look cool in two or three stencils repeated randomly, in watercolor shades of blue.

3. I love these negative shapes of abstract seedlings, inspired by the ones in Lotta's book. I'm always growing little seedlings, and these little ones would be so cute in a vibrant green!

4. My abstraction of strung beads, a simple geometric pattern repeated in a linear fashion. I could see these in a warm mustard yellow. They remind me of a cool mustard yellow vase I saw at Target a few days ago, which I resisted buying, but I'm still thinking about.

5. Large irregular pebbles, in a seafoam green. Maybe as vertical strips on the fabric, to be repeated at irregular intervals.

6. Lotta's cute design, these alternating prints remind me of peas in a pod. She has them in her book in a warm, vibrant orange, which would be so fresh and juicy.

7. Floating leaves, bright green, collected in little bunches.

8. Negative impressions of leaves or growies from Lotta's book. I have arranged them vertically, I like the linearity created by the irregular individual lengths.

9. Lotta's cool abstractions of ceramic ware. So cool in two shades of powder blue. They look great next to a pop of bright orange in her book.

Lots of fun ideas! We'll see what end result I get on my curtains.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment